The National Association of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA) represents independent insurance agents in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Our members are insurance professionals who can be found across America, in small towns, big cities and everywhere in between. Although they operate cutting edge agencies, they treat their customers like neighbors, providing personal support and service. That's why PIA has adopted the tagline Local Agents Serving Main Street America.
Serving Agents Since 1931
PIA was founded with objectives that are as relevant today as they were back in 1931:
- Educate agency owners and staff about insurance concepts;
- Keep agents informed about changing company offerings;
- Allow agents to assist one another in proper underwriting of their business;
- Increase cooperation between carriers and agents;
- Encourage uniform policy writing and assist in proper form completion;
- Advocate for agents in legislative matters;
- Foster acquaintanceship among agents so they could support one another;
- Protect the American Agency System
In August 2013, Tthe National Association of Profession Insurance Agents (PIA) and Drivers History partnered to bring an exclusive, web-based product to PIA member agencies in eligible states. As an exclusive member benefit, DocIT™ will help PIA member agencies lower expenses, pre-qualify applicants, improve loss ratios and grow their business.
PIA members or prospective members, please click here for more information or to sign up: www.pianet.com/docit